Cruciferous vegetables are generally low in calories and high in nutrients.
Various studies have shown that eating more cruciferous vegetables has several health benefits.
The healthiest cruciferous vegetables may include:
- Brussels sprouts
Kale, broccoli and Brussels sprouts have high levels of it Vitamin A, Vitamin CAnd Folic acid. They’re all packed with nutrients; Thus, personal choice will play a huge factor in choosing which is really the best.
Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, help retain nutrients more efficiently than raw or steamed foods, and help achieve greater health benefits than eating them after cooking or boiling.
Cruciferous vegetables have more nutrients?
Cruciferous vegetables are generally low in calories and are well known for their extensive nutritional benefits.
Cruciferous vegetables like steamed broccoli are no less Superfood Because they are high in a variety of nutrients, including:
Cruciferous vegetables have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, making them one of the most recommended foods by all nutritionists due to their numerous health benefits.
9 health benefits of adding cruciferous vegetables to my diet
The nine health benefits of cruciferous vegetables include:
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps to remove toxic wastes from the body
- Improves cardiovascular /Heart Health
- Controls blood Sugar
- Helps Digestion
- Helps Weight loss
- Helps maintain Blood pressure
- Resists Cancer
Studies have shown that cruciferous vegetables are a rich source of glucosinolates, so they can help fight. Cancer. This is supported by several research studies which make a report Food Rich in Cruciferous vegetables can reduce this rate:
Top 10 Cruciferous Vegetables to Add to Your Diet
According to various studies, the top ten cruciferous vegetables include:
- Broccoli is a must have in your daily routine Food To build your body and increase your immunity.
- This cruciferous vegetable has the highest amount of Vitamin C, Folic Acid and Vitamin A and tops the list of super veggies.
- Brussels sprouts:
- Kale is a superfood that contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, K and B6.
- Potassium, copper and manganese are found in large quantities. The amount of carbohydrates is very low, only 33 calories in a cup of calories.
- Its rich nutrient content makes it an important cruciferous vegetable for its immunity, energy levels and so on. FitnessWhether cooked or served raw.
- Cauliflower can be eaten raw or cooked and contains folate, vitamin B6 and potassium. Cauliflower can be used instead of rice.
- This cruciferous vegetable contains 22 mg of calcium per 100 g.
- It is one of the best vegetables to include in a balanced diet because it is low in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
- In addition to being rich in vitamins, cabbage contains antioxidants such as beta-carotene and choline, both of which are essential for cellular health and recovery.
- Bok choy:
- Bok choy is an attractive cruciferous vegetable that contains 74 mg of calcium and about one gram of protein per cup of chopped bok choy (about 70 g).
- It contains vitamins C, K and A, as well as folate, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium.
- As a result, bok choy helps to strengthen bones, reduces High blood pressure Naturally, and promotes heart health.
- If you want to improve your energy levels and physical fitness, radishes are a great cruciferous vegetable to add to your diet.
- While it may not contain vitamins like broccoli or cauliflower, it does contain calcium, phosphorus, selenium and antioxidants that help with cardiovascular health.
- Turnip greens:
- Turnips contain various vitamins such as K, B1, B6, B3, B5 and C.
- They are a good source Omega 3 Fatty acids, potassium, calcium, iron and protein, which promote strong muscle, tissue and overall health.
- An excellent choice for Arugula Weight loss This is because the 100-gram portion contains only 3.7 grams of carbohydrates and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- With a wealth of vitamins A, C, and K, iron, folate, and calcium, you can strengthen your body and achieve your wellness goals.
Cruciferous vegetables are rich in nutrients and can help reduce the risk of various health problems such as Heart disease, Dementia, Annoying stomach problems, Macular degenerationAnd type II Diabetes.
Latest nutrition, food and recipe news
6 side effects of eating cruciferous vegetables every day
Before you pile it up, keep in mind that eating lots of cruciferous vegetables has some side effects, including:
- They can create Gas And bloating They contain due to fiber and glucosinolate.
- Although fiber is good for digestion, eating too much of it in one sitting can lead to fermentation, both small and large. Intestine. It can cause gas, bloating, ConstipationOr Diarrhea.
- Since glucosinolate breaks down in the gut, Cruciferous can produce vegetables Flatulence.
- There is some evidence that eating large amounts of cruciferous vegetables, especially raw, may interfere with thyroid function because it contains glycogen.
- Goitrogen is the chemical substance that interferes Iodine The thyroid gland accepts, so intervenes Thyroid hormone Production
- This just can’t happen Hypothyroidism But the pituitary secretes thyroid-stimulating hormone, which stimulates the growth of thyroid tissue.
- If you are prone to thyroid problems, try to cook your vegetables and increase the amount of dietary iodine.
How can I add cruciferous vegetables to my diet without side effects?
To get started, start by serving half a cup of your favorite cruciferous vegetable and gradually increase your intake over time.
- Gradually increasing the intake of cruciferous vegetables provides a low-calorie source of dietary fiber that can improve digestion and cardiovascular function while maintaining your blood. Sugar Stable
- If you want to include more cruciferous vegetables in your diet, they go well with fried, salads, soups and stews.
- Healthy does not mean humble. Cauliflower, for example, can be cooked with toasted sesame seed oil, lemon juice, Soy Sauce, cumin, coriander, fennel, or chili pepper.
- The usual rule when cooking cruciferous vegetables is to cook as soon as possible.
- Boiling destroys all glucosinolates. If you must Boil To them, try to do it as soon as possible while maintaining some crisis.
However, the numerous advantages of cruisers far outweigh the minor flaws. They don’t just fight Cancer However, due to their high soluble fiber content, they help control appetite and are thought to reduce fat absorption from other foods eaten in the same diet. However, keep fresh, cruciferous vegetables large, airy in the fridge Plastic Bag To avoid rot.
Has been medically reviewed 4/20/2022
Image Source: iStock Image
Super-Veggie: Cruciferous Vegetable: https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/super-veggies-cruciferous-vegetables#
What are cruciferous vegetables – and why are they so good for you? https://health.clevelandclinic.org/crunchy-and-cruciferous-youll-love-this-special-family-of-veggies/
Beginner’s Guide to Cruciferous Vegetables: https://www.eatright.org/food/vitamins-and-supplements/nutrient-rich-foods/the-beginners-guide-to-cruciferous-vegetables