Whether caffeine is good or bad for us is a matter of debate. Learn about the potential benefits and side effects of caffeine
According to the FDA, the recommended maximum dose of caffeine is 400 mg per day, which is about 2 cups per day. Caffeine can provide a number of health benefits if consumed in moderation. However, taking high doses of caffeine can have negative side effects.
Learn about the potential benefits and side effects of caffeine.
What are the benefits of caffeine?
- Relieves Fatigue: As a stimulant of the central nervous system, it can fight Fatigue And improve mental alertness.
- Increases Weight loss: Caffeine helps Weight loss Decreases appetite in the long run and increases the body’s basal metabolic rate.
- Enhances Athletic Performance: Caffeine increases endurance during endurance activities and can enhance athletic performance.
- Reduces the risk of cognitive decline: Some researchers have concluded that long-term caffeine intake reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases. Caffeine can also increase Long time no see.
What are the disadvantages of caffeine?
- It gets worse Anxiety And Depression: Caffeine is a mood enhancer when taken in moderation. However, if eaten in excess, it can make the symptoms worse Anxiety And Depression.
- Increases blood Sugar Dimensions: Decreasing the activity of caffeine InsulinWhich raises blood glucose levels.
- Not good for Pregnant Or Breastfeeding Women: Caffeine should be avoided at all times Pregnancy Because it can cause complications Abortion Or fetus Heart Caffeine is contraindicated during irregular breastfeeding because it can pass to the baby through the milk.
- May affect Fertility: Reduces caffeine Fibrillation The activity of the fallopian tubes prevents the movement of eggs. It can reduce fertility.
- Increases risk Unrestrained: The cause of caffeine Urinary incontinenceAnd in extreme cases, it can happen Stool incontinence.
- Annoying Sleep: Due to its effects as a stimulant, caffeine can disrupt Sleep– Especially in people with awakening pattern Insomnia.
- Dehydration: Because caffeine is a diuretic, caffeine can increase urinary frequency and cause DehydrationLeads to lower levels of sodium chloride, Potassium chlorideAnd chloride ions in the body.
- Anurati: Caffeine is an addictive substance and if you become addicted to it, reducing your intake can lead to withdrawal symptoms such as Headache, Dizziness, And drowsiness. In extreme cases, it can be Feeling sick And Vomiting.
Medical has been reviewed 5/4/2022
Image Source: iStock Image