Drinking water during your workout can help avoid muscle cramps, heat stress, injury risk and low stamina.
It is better to drink water during workout. Water is constantly used in our body during various metabolic processes including removal of waste through urine and sweat. Sweat More time for physical activity or workout. In addition to water, we tend to lose salt through sweat.
Therefore, it is It is important to drink enough water during workouts Because it helps to avoid the following:
Studies have shown that just two percent of body weight loss due to fluid loss can reduce your stamina by 25 percent. Fluid loss puts pressure on you Heart Increased oxygen and hard pumping to meet nutritional requirements Exercise. Therefore, it is very important to keep yourself hydrated during the workout so that you can give your best performance by reducing the risk of any injury.
How much water should you drink during a workout?
While it is important to stay hydrated, it is important to avoid excessive hydration or underhydration during the workout.
Athletes or people engaged in high-intensity workouts are advised 5 to 7 ml per kilogram of body mass About four hours before an event. They must sip some water during athletic events. If you drink a lot of water at once bloating And Stomach obstruction And disrupt the ability to exercise.
The exact amount of water required can vary greatly depending on:
- Your general health and body type
- The type of workout including its intensity and duration
- Weather conditions where you are acting
As a general rule, the American Council on Exercise recommends that you:
- Drink 17 to 20 ounces of water two to three hours before you start your workout.
- Drink eight ounces of water 20 to 30 minutes before you start your workout or during your warm-up.
- Drink 7 to 10 ounces of water every 10 to 20 minutes during the workout.
- Drink eight ounces of water no more than 30 minutes after the end of your workout.
Weigh yourself before and after a workout or athletic event to find out if you have taken in the right amount of fluids (not excess or less), to estimate the amount of fluid loss.
- If you lose weight after a workout, compensate for this by drinking about 16 to 24 ounces of water per pound.
- If you find that you have gained weight after a workout, it means that you are extra hydrated. Overhydration can be harmful because it can Electrolyte Imbalance
What are the symptoms of dehydration during a workout?
It is important to recognize any symptoms Dehydration And treat them quickly.
Something Symptoms of dehydration May include:
Is cold or hot water better during a workout?
Cold or Cold Water is desirable during workouts. If you cannot drink cold water, you can drink liquid or water at room temperature. A sip of cold liquid helps lower your body core temperature, which improves your exercise performance. Cold water is quickly absorbed from your intestines, thus helping your fluid levels to recover faster.
What drinks should you drink during a workout?
For most people, Water is enough to maintain hydration during a workout.
Intense and prolonged workouts, however, can lead to significant loss of electrolytes (such as sodium, potassium and magnesium) and loss of energy savings. If you do high-intensity workouts for more than an hour, you can play sports Drinks Instead of just water. They provide a variety of nutrients, including electrolytes and glucose, to help improve your performance. These are available in supermarkets.
Be careful when choosing your sports drink and exercise Part control.
- A single bottle can contain multiple servings and thus, drinking it at once can be harmful.
- Watch for Sugar, Caffeine, And the salt content of the bottle. Although extra Sugar And salt can hurt you with extra calories and sodium, respectively. Caffeine You may urinate more (diuresis), which may affect the effectiveness of your exercise and increase your risk of fluid loss.
You can easily prepare an electrolyte drink at home. All you need is sugar, table salt and water. Add six tablespoons of sugar and one third of salt per quart of water. Stir in the sugar and salt and once dissolved, you can drink it cold.
The latest exercise and fitness news
Medical has been reviewed 4/27/2022
Image Source: iStock Image