After a good run, some people experience a short and intense urge, a decrease in pain and discomfort, and a feeling of being invincible. Learn about the reasons for the height of a runner
According to medical experts, the height of a runner is actually a real thing. After a good run, some people feel a brief and intense feeling WaveHas been reduced Pain And discomfort, and the feeling of being invincible.
For many years, it was believed that a runner’s height was due to the release of endorphins in the body. However, recent studies have shown that other chemicals such as endocannabinoids and Dopamine May be responsible for euphoric feelings.
What causes a runner high?
Time ExerciseYour body secretes chemicals and hormones into your bloodstream that can be associated with the feeling of joy that comes with a runner’s height:
- Endorphins: Endorphins are the feel-good chemicals that are produced by Pituitary gland And the central nervous system. Acts as an opioid receptor, lowering endorphins Pain, Stress, AnxietyAnd Depression And increase the feeling of it Happiness And pleasure
- Endocannabinoids: Running Activates the endocannabinoid system in the brain, which is usually triggered after marijuana use and produces feelings of pleasure. Anandamide, a type of endocannabinoid, is found in high levels in those who have just finished the race.
- Dopamine: Dopamine is a hormone secreted Exercise Which reduces symptoms Depression And the mood may improve.
What are the benefits of running?
A runner’s height is not guaranteed whenever you run, the benefits of running include the following:
How can you achieve a runner’s high?
A runner has no formula for achieving heights and it may not be every time. However, with the following tips the chances of achieving a feeling of calm and relaxation of the run are improved:
- Run fast, about 70% -80% of your maximum speed
- Run for an extended period of time
- Be steadfast
It is also important to set enough rest days to keep your body from adjusting to the workout and to add circuit training to running. To avoid injury, make sure:
- Stretch lightly
- Staying hydrated
- Avoid running on unsuitable surfaces
- Wear appropriate footwear
Although running is an effective exercise with many health benefits, avoid running if you have injuries or weak joints.
Has been medically reviewed 5/10/2022
Image Source: iStock Image
Boynton e. What makes a runner high – and how can you get one? UW Medicine. https://rightasrain.uwmedicine.org/body/exercise/runners-high
Johns Hopkins Medicine. The truth behind ‘Runner High’ and other psychological benefits of running. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-truth-behind-runners-high-and-other-mental-benefits-of-running